Sunday, August 29, 2021

Spread Good Health with Your Social Media


Social media means many things to many people. Some promote their businesses, others network, and some see it as a way to pass the time. Whatever you use it for, it's prevalence in our society is undeniable. Being involved in the fitness industry for well over a decade, I've seen everyday people become famous and develop a reach that small tv and radio stations couldn't shake a stick at. They've done it all through consistently putting out thought-provoking content. Whether they talk about their training, diet, or their trials and tribulations, they reach more and more people.

The fact is, social media is about engagement, and people, particularly, in fitness have very keen senses. Honesty is a scarce commodity in a world of puffery, clickbait, and, seemingly, endless drama. Whenever someone comes along and digs deep, people respect that. The subject doesn't have to be controversial - that's where a lot of people get it wrong. Honesty is what people are looking for - not shock value. 

Let's talk Instagram. It's the most popular social media app and it's where all the movers and shakers are. The IG bio is like the cover of a book or a storefront display. While you can't judge a book by its cover, you certainly get an idea what it's about. 

David Davis of the Blackstone Labs Legion keeps his IG Bio simple: "[d]etermined to live a positive, fit, and healthy lifestyle." He also includes links to Blackstone Labs, The Legion, and includes his discount code. Although his page has a small following, it's precisely the kind of page that more people should follow. Everyone starts small; every journey starts with the first step. The key, is staying this real, all throughout the process, and I know he will. 

In today's article, I'd like to discuss a recent post that David posted and that was reposted on the Blackstone Labs Legion Official Instagram. 


"My temple is the gym and it's literally the healthiest way to heal yourself. Exercise releases everything in your brain that you need to heal and feel better. Lost a bit of myself and got caught up in things I shouldn't have. No matter what happens now I will still make sure to be myself so I can be decent and process things maturely. Post workout meal."

                                                                                                    - David Davis

 

These words, along with the photo above, make for the perfect post. Posts, stories, and reels like these do a great job of spreading good health with social media. Don't be afraid to go beyond that. David says a lot in aforementioned post. Re-read it a few times - I did! Let it sink and reflect on it.

I strongly suggest that everyone follow PowerDave700 and take a page from his approach. The photo (above) shows where David is at in his fitness journey, but also shows a visual of the kind of meal he consumes. In fact, if you check out his page, you'll see a lot of what he eats, how Blackstone Labs supplements help him, and what he's all about. Whereas some pages are all about flashy items, fashion, and gossip, it's pages like David's that promote all the great things fitness has to offer. 

People should have fun with exercise, eating, and personal growth and improvement. This is the path to making healthy (mind, body, & soul) a way of life. Great job, David!!

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I'm very thankful for the mentions and promotion of my account. I don't do these things for follows or anything like that but I do know people go through life just the same as I do and it's important to see that you're not alone some times and if I can help anyone just even a little then I feel like I've done good in life. Once again thank you all legion fam 🙏

    ReplyDelete

Glycolog + Halo + Hype = Great Workout!!

  WHO DOESN'T LOVE CARBS?!?! C'mon, if you said you don't love them, you're probably just trying to show off. Maybe, and I s...